My SLR Magic HyperPrime LM 50mm T0.95 Review!

Started Oct 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
A Guy Platt
Senior MemberPosts: 1,544
Like?
Re: My SLR Magic HyperPrime LM 50mm T0.95 Review!
In reply to macjonny1, Oct 15, 2012

macjonny1 wrote:

. I can assure you non of our lenses were prepared to be concrete floor from chest height prior to the workshop. This is the best test for build quality.

I would venture to say that most people would say that the best test for build quality is longevity of function and how well it functions over time.  A drop test although somewhat useful is not a useful measure of build quality to me at all.  If I drop a delicate object I am prepared to accept whatever consequences of that action.  I do however want my lens to function over time without falling apart.  Personally after these reports I would be very very worried about buying one of these.  A drop test would do nothing to reassure me about that.

Well said.

I have several Leica lenses which are more than 20 years old. My oldest (a 50 Summilux) is from 1959. What's amazing to me is that I am not even surprised how well my old lenses work, I guess I just assumed they'd be fine.

Regards
  Guy
My Flickr photostream

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow