Still debating whether to buy the OM-D E-M5

Started Oct 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
DeFinitive
Regular MemberPosts: 271
Like?
Re: Still debating whether to buy the OM-D E-M5
In reply to memo90061, Oct 15, 2012

memo90061 wrote:

This camera really seems great. I have a Canon T2i with a Sigma 10-20 and Sigma 30mm f/1.4. I really like the set up, but it feels a little heavy. Sometimes I get tired of holding it the entire day when I'm out. I like carrying the camera everywhere, which is why I've been thinking of going smaller. I thought about the Fuji X100, but I didn't like the video I saw from it. I really did love the high ISO capability though. The RX1 seems to be great, but it's too expensive for me.

I had an Olympus E-520 before, and loved loved loved it! I only moved to Canon because I wanted HD video, and at the time it was the best and affordable. I really like that the E-M5 is weather sealed and small. When I travelled to Mexico I didn't take as many pictures with the Canon because of the rain. The reason why I'm still debating is because I don't want to spend any extra money right now. I would probably only get the OM-D if I were to sell my gear, and get the exact amount of money for the O-MD. I would miss having a low light lens though until I save enough money. :/

Has anyone moved from a DSLR to the Olympus?

I'm also debating buying the OM-D, managed to have a play with one passing through Hong Kong airport and actually got to hole quite a few cameras which was nice, also had a look at the X-E1 which I thought felt pretty good in the hand but I'm still drawn to the OM-D with IBIS and some fantastic lenses to choose from. I currently own a 550D with a few Canon lenses, two of them 'L', would be a shame to lose them though. Also held the 5dIII & 7D, they are massive compared to the OM-D, the only other Canon I would consider would be to get a 7DII later on, that way I still get to use my EF-S 10-22 & 17-55.

I read of quite a few people moving from DSLR to the OM-D, check out the OM-D Flickr groups.

-
http://www.flickr.com/photos/depinitibo/

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow