Nik Efex Pro4

Started Oct 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
nand
Senior MemberPosts: 1,325Gear list
Like?
Re: Nik Efex Pro4
In reply to class66, Oct 15, 2012

class66 wrote:

Can anyone advise me if the software "Nik Efex Pro4 full" can run as a stand-alone

or only as a plug-in for Adobe etc ?

I'm asking this because I don't have Adobe or the likes.

Thank You

NIK’s Color Efex Pro 4 does run without any additional editing software installed as a standalone application. I just tried it on an old XP machine here. Once installed, navigate to the Program Files > NIK Software > Color Efex Pro 4 folder and create a shortcut for the .exe to be place on the desktop. Now you can drop jpeg file son the short cut and go from there. A drawback of using it this way is that there is no “Save as” feature. It saves overwriting the original file.

A cheaper way is to get Corel’s PaintShop Pro X5 Ultimate for $100.00 or less, It has included version 3 of NIK’s Color Efex Pro.

The main difference between version 3 and 4 is that 4 lets you apply filters on top of filters without saving first. Sort of like layers that can be individually adjusted and readjusted. Version does not have this feature.

Nand.

nand's gear list:nand's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Olympus OM-D E-M5 Fujifilm X-E1 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 II +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow