Tokina 11-16 on D600

Started Oct 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
AlexBakerPhotoz
Regular MemberPosts: 256Gear list
Like?
Re: Tokina 11-16 on D600
In reply to David A. Hamments, Oct 15, 2012

I moved from D7000 to D600 a few weeks ago and wound up trading in all my DX lenses and buying new or used FX lenses to replace them. Since the Tokina 11-16 is DX you are faced with the same problem. I had the Tokina 12-24 DX and loved it, but knew it had to go. I replaced it with the Tokina 16-28 f/2.8 FX which so far is pretty wonderful except that is is really BIG and heavy. The front element is huge and makes it noticibly front heavy on the D600 body, but optically it is outstanding. At the same time I got a used Nikon 24-85 F/3.5=4.5 AIS (The older non-VR version) for only $260 and it is small, very light, and a great walking around lens. I find that the 24-85 lives on the body and is where I start before moving to a specific lens for other duty, like the Tokina 16-28. So, my verdict is that I am glad I have it, the IQ is excellent, but try it out before you buy it to see if the handling is OK for you. It is half to two thirds the cost of the Nikon wide zooms.

-- hide signature --

Alex

AlexBakerPhotoz's gear list:AlexBakerPhotoz's gear list
Nikon Coolpix AW100 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Nikon D600 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow