Analog Fuji look

Started Oct 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
Fabio Amodeo
Senior MemberPosts: 1,175Gear list
Like?
Re: Analog Fuji look
In reply to baobob, Oct 15, 2012

In my opinion there are two factors in the Fuji X Trans rendition. The first, as stated by others, is colour. May I add that I don't like OOC jpegs, as I find the colour over vivid and over saturated. But that's just one click to correct. Otherwise, both the skin rendition and the natural greens are excellent: my old digital files have a metallic green which nel X-Trans never produces (and you can expect it, with all those green.reading sensors…)

The second factor is given by the smooth transition of tones. It is preserved because, having no AA filter, you don't need strong USM or strong local contrast to have a sharp image. It takes time to find the right formula for a light USM to guarantee both apparent sharpness and sweetness of passages, but it's worth the effort, I find (my formula is Nik presharpner at 35%, with zero sharpness in all the previous passages).

Fabio Amodeo's gear list:Fabio Amodeo's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-A1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow