My SLR Magic HyperPrime LM 50mm T0.95 Review!

Started Oct 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
SLR Magic
Forum MemberPosts: 57
Like?
Re: My SLR Magic HyperPrime LM 50mm T0.95 Review!
In reply to BSweeney, Oct 15, 2012

BSweeney wrote:

The build quality is the issue with the Hyperprime.

I am glad you brought this issue up. In fact, I was with a group out shooting and the lens was dropped from chest height with the weight of the camera and landed on concrete floor with a front end impact. The lens too a huge dent and a scratch and the lens continued to work for the rest of the workshop. We did not give the person who dropped it accidentally a hard time at all. The pull out lens hood did not bend over at all. No one mentioned on how great the build construction was.

Here is a link to that mention Day 1 Workshop Report: Night shooting with the Hyperprime 50 T0.95 | STEVE HUFF PHOTOS
It would be interesting if someone did a drop test of fast lenses of other brands and have a review on that. We already know the results from a drop test on the HyperPrime but there is no drop test report on the other two 0.95 lenses to date. People do that for cell phones to see when the screen will crack so it is not a stupid idea. The HyperPrime lens that fell is still on display in our shop in Hong Kong for demo use on a camera and there is no durability issue. I can assure you non of our lenses were prepared to be concrete floor from chest height prior to the workshop. This is the best test for build quality.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow