ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Maggz
New MemberPosts: 9
Like?
Best portfolio site?
Oct 15, 2012

Hi everyone,

I originally tried setting up my website through Wordpress but I wanted to link FotoMoto however this doesn't work well with any of the galleries out there and I didn't like the way the NextGen gallery doesn't center anything. Looks extremely unprofessional.

So I'm eyeing off PhotoShelter and SmugMug. As I have never sold a photo in my life I am very aware of cost involved and SmugMug is a bit cheaper.

Is SmugMug a good option? How is the SEO? And can it be incorporated directly into WordPress?

Or is there a similar gallery plugin for Wordpress?

My plan is to initially set up some galleries, do a bit of SEO work and hopefully get a good ranking in the search engines.

I would prefer to do it all through Wordpress with a plugin to FotoMoto for the printing and fulfillment but this doesn't seem to work too well. So the plan is to build some SEO material into my Wordpress site with a menu link that goes straight to my external portfolio site.

What are your thoughts? Is SmugMug a good option? Or do you know of a way to make this work through WordPress?

Thanks!

Jason

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow