Started Oct 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Edgar Matias
Regular MemberPosts: 168Gear list
Like?
Tried the XZ-2 today
Oct 15, 2012

I was at the Exposure Show in Toronto today, and they had a pre-release XZ-2 there.

Very nice camera.  Felt really high-end, like a Fuji X10.  The dual-mode click/no-click control ring is extremely cool.  I also liked the new handgrip.

The only thing missing was a built-in EVF, though after trying some of the other cameras with built-in EVFs, that may be a good thing.  I won't mention any names, but I was surprised at how bad some of them were.

You can attach either their VF-2 or VF-3.  Bizarrely, the VF-2 is the better one.  Of course, camera companies are not known for their naming skills.  

I also tried the X10 and RX100.  Both really nice cameras.  I was amazed by how light the RX100 is -- I could see it sliding right out of my hand.

I wanted to try the Pentax Q and Ricoh GRD IV, but everything was behind glass.  Not sure why they even bothered showing up.  Every other exhibitor had cameras easily accessible.

Anyway, the XZ-2 is looking really good.  I think I've found my next camera.

Edgar Matias's gear list:Edgar Matias's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF5 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +1 more
Fujifilm X10 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow