New D800 first photos very impressive,lots to learn but easy to use,especially from a canon user.

Started Oct 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
Conan67
Regular MemberPosts: 150
Like?
Re: custom settings ...
In reply to Fred Mueller, Oct 15, 2012

Fred Mueller wrote:

I think you can reverse most of the things that go "the wrong way" from trad. Canon controls if you look at the custom menus carefully ... on a D600 (what I got - likely the same for D800 or close by) "f5" "Customize Command Dials" has a sub setting for reversing the dial rotation effect for both exposure comp and f stop ... and you can also swap the +/- scales with custom setting 'f8" "Reverse Indicators".  Between all of that flexibility, I think you can get your D800 to mimic your familiar Canon operation, without re-learning muscle memory. Why do it if you don't have to?

nice shots !!

Yes i learnt that today,Might give it a go.i'll will  sell all my canon gear so i cant use that and confuse my self again.

but i'd rather stay with the nikon set up ,i got used to the menu very quickly i just need more time on the custom set up.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow