Started Oct 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
paul1508
Regular MemberPosts: 366
Like?
Tele-lens for NEX 6
Oct 14, 2012

I preorderd the NEX 6 + Kit and want some tele-lens for it. On my vacation in Scotland I made a couple snaps of seals on such a "Wildlife Safari Tour" with a NEX C3 and the 18-55 Zoom on 55mm.

Here a picture just to get you a clue how close we got.

Seals

Because of this and because of trips to zoos and national parks and so on I decided to get a tele-lens for the NEX 6. I actually got no clue which focal lens the tele should have to get me the desired pictures, so I wanted to ask if someone could crop my picture or make red rectangles in the picture to show me the fov of different focalĀ lengths.

As you can imagine there was no place for a tripod or anything on the boat, so I don't want to end up with something like that: (I know that is not really a possibility for the nex). This is also the reason why I want a tele-prime (can I call it like that) and not a tele-zoom which would be considerably larger, if I'm right.

Because of this I'm thinking of something like a mirror lens? Something you could use without tripod and is not that pain in the ass when wandering in some national parks.

I would appreciate the help! Thank you very much!

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YepNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow