Flat view
DavidH202
Senior MemberPosts: 1,051Gear list
Like?
I got screwed by Olympus !
Oct 14, 2012

Got cha...

I got screwsthat is

After completing a product shoot and removing my trusty E-3 from my tripod  last Wednesday, I just happen to notice that the two screws that hold the tripod socket in place were missing. I called Oly NY, was transferred to the parts Dept, where a very capable young lady (Maryann) looked up the part #s and promised to mail them out pronto. While I was at it I ordered a replacement remote socket cap that had I lost from the base of my FP-01 flash bracket last year.

I received the two screws and cap (no charge!) on Saturday,and put the screws back in with a little Lock Tight for additional security.

I was worried the threads might have been stripped inside the socket plate causing the screws to to fall out, which would have meant dissasembly of the camera covers and having to replace the socket plate itself, but that evidently was not the case.

I discovered the socket plate itself is not in jeopardy of falling off the camera as it is assembled within the base of the camera body. The screws just hold it in position, keeping the socket from turning while mounting to a 1/4- 20  bolt. I believe the screws must loosen up and eventually fall out from repeated tightening and loosening the camera on a tripod which puts some sort of stress on them.

Thanks for the great service Maryann and Olympus, your tops in my book!!!  :-))

David   BTW: the part # for the screws is VH887200 (takes 2),if anyone should need them in the future.

DavidH202's gear list:DavidH202's gear list
Olympus E-M1
Olympus E-3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow