My SLR Magic HyperPrime LM 50mm T0.95 Review!

Started Oct 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
BSweeney
Contributing MemberPosts: 903Gear list
Like?
Re: My SLR Magic HyperPrime LM 50mm T0.95 Review!
In reply to SLR Magic, Oct 14, 2012

I use the canon 50/0.95 on film. I use the 50/1.1 Nokton with the M9.

The focus errors that I have seen posted using the SLRMagic 50/f0.95 exceed the errors that I had on the Canon 7 with 50/0.95 lens. Much greater than the difference produced from the thickness of film. My example was to indicate that the then 40 year old lens (10 years ago) worked perfectly on the camera body bought separately. I am an experienced RF user, and an experienced Digital users. RF's since 1969, Digital since 1981. Digital rangefinders: only 3 years.

It would be more interesting to  discuss the problems noted with the OP's particular lens and to address those concerns. If I convert my Canon 50/0.95 the focus will be perfect on my M9.  The focus on the 50/1.2 that I assembled from 3 parts lenses, front and rear groups from different lenses, was perfect across the entire focal range. About 2/3rds stop slower than the lens in question, but non-trivial to get the distances between groups correct before shimming.

BSweeney's gear list:BSweeney's gear list
Leica M8 Nikon D1 Nikon D1X Leica M9 Olympus PEN E-P2 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow