Started Oct 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
Jon_T
Contributing MemberPosts: 897Gear list
Like?
Re: How Oly missed my boat
In reply to Trevor Carpenter, Oct 14, 2012

Trevor Carpenter wrote:

…and presumably lots of others ...

Unfortunately yes, and I've been a long time Oly film and digicam user. I bought the E-500 two lens kit when it was released, E510, E620 and a used E3.  Still have the C-8080, E-620 and E3 though the E3 has developed AF issues awhile back and no longer useable.

As you, I just do not care for the m4\/3rds. Even without the issues of using 4/\3rds lenses on m4/\3rds camera, as for "me" the E620 is almost too small to use 4/\3rds HG, SHG, 70-300, etc. without the battery grip.

For those who like the E-M5 that's great and I'm truly glad for them.  But for myself E-M5 too small without a grip, and I want a OVF -- especially a DSLR for the $$$ of the EM-5.  Yes I realized for DSLR's with IBIS the EVF is the way to go, but current EVF's have a LONG way to go to rival a all glass prism OVF.

Being that buying m4/\3rds camera is buying into a new system as to lenses, decided to look into the pluses\/minuses of moving to other systems.

I'll keep my E620 and ZD lenses until the E620 no longer functions, but I'm in the progress of migrating to Canon.  The main reason for Canon is several of my close photog friends use Canon so I can borrow some nice L glass as needed to I get my own. Another plus with Canon (or Nikon) is the greater selection of lenses from Tamron, Sigma, etc.

Using the 60D with a 70-300 IS (handheld) is by far a much better experience than the E620 and tele zoom lens without IS. 

Good luck with your final decision.

Jon_T's gear list:Jon_T's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Canon PowerShot G15 Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 70D Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow