More elinchrom woes & request for PW help?

Started Oct 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jack A. Zucker
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,539
Like?
More elinchrom woes & request for PW help?
Oct 14, 2012

So, I packed up the 3 month old bxri-500 who's modeling lamp is cutting in and out and swapped it out with another 3 month old BXRI-500.

So today I was doing a session today and all was going well. Wasn't chimping every shot but at one point I looked over at the monitor and noticed the shots were underexposed.

My background and fill flashes were firing but not the replacement BXRI-500. It was firing for a while and its modeling light was still on but it was not communicating with the Skyport, verified by discovering that it was now ignoring power and test buttons on the skyport. <Sigh...>

So I power it off and on and it's working again. This is another thing that periodically happens with these lights.

So again, my assessment is that the BXRI-500 lights are about on par with the Alien Bees, quality-wise but they cost as much as an Einstein. I think I'm going to gradually replace these with Einsteins and probably pocketwizard remotes.

Can someone school me on Pocketwizards?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow