Started Oct 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
J4Hug
Senior MemberPosts: 1,083Gear list
Like?
macro fungus
Oct 14, 2012

Fungus in the woods with OM-D, 60mm macro (and PL 12-35) and a Gorillapod. Nothing spectacular but fun to do!

It was fairly dull and long (manually set) exposures were required, an old Gorillapod purchased for larger DSLRs (that that proved to be inadequate) was perfect for the job with the light camera and lens.

I couldn’t quite get underneath the two toadstools and I know an ant or other bug would have been perfect (if it could keep still) to give an idea of scale but they were only about an inch (2.5cm) high.

60mm

I used the iPhone light to brighten the fungi (less than a 0.5 cm across their tops) deep within the tree trunk, probably could have done with a greater DoF perhaps with f16. Setup shown from the iPhone camera

with the 12-35mm PL Looking down the canion

same set up (almost) but with the 60mm and an iPhone light waved about, Oh for a little bug (frozen as it's a long exposure) - to give a sense of scale

Anny CC welcome.

-- hide signature --
 J4Hug's gear list:J4Hug's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 7-14mm 1:4.0 +7 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow