ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Bodhi-U
Contributing MemberPosts: 861
Like?
SX50 at San Diego Safari Park...
Oct 14, 2012

http://www.flickr.com/photos/54574680@N07/sets/72157631767997449/

A very good prosumer camera.  A good buy for the middle range photographer, but not for the advanced photographer.  Excellent zoom lens for bird shots and good jpg (better than RAW development in this case!).  Faster than the SX40, lighter and overall improved.  You will need a monopod or tripod to shot with this as that is what I carry.   Battery life is excellent as I took 1,000 shots over four hours (however, I turned off the camera when not shooting).  In fairness to the SX50, most of the shots I took would have been impossible with its superior zoom reach.

However, the camera should be considered legally blind as it can't focus in dim light, shadows or on dark subjects.  Really searches.  No in camera stitch editing (why bother).  A great disappointment is that for the high end price, Canon doesn't include video and computer cables.

I'll probably be considering selling my SX50 on craiglist and sticking with my Panasonic G3.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow