Does Canon FD Extender 2x-A behave differently on NEX than on Canon FD cameras?

Started Oct 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
nzmacro
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,991Gear list
Like?
Re: Does Canon FD Extender 2x-A behave differently on NEX than on Canon FD cameras?
In reply to lwalter, Oct 14, 2012

lwalter wrote:

I recently acquired a used Canon FD Extender 2x-A and read too late that this was usable only on lenses with f greater than 300mm.

I have a Canon FD 300 mm f2/2.8. So I confirmed that it worked... but I decided to see what was happening with lenses smaller than 300mm and it still works, not only with my Canon FD 200 F/2.8, but even on my Canon FD 24 2.8!

I didn't notice any issue with infinity focus.

Just out of curiosity, is this "normal" behavior or is just working I'm using this extender on a NEX with a FD adapter?

It will work for sure. As already noted though, it was made for use with the longer focal lengths, the FD 2X type "B" was made for shorter than 300mm, "A" for 300mm and longer. The FD 1.4x is a different thing altogether in how its built and will only fit certain lenses due to its design. The 1.4x will work on your 300 F/2.8, but not your other lenses.

All the best.

Danny.

-- hide signature --

Birds and macro. NEX and m4/3

http://www.birdsinaction.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow