Would you be interested in an Astro-Photography forum on DPREVIEW?

Started Oct 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
offshore13
Regular MemberPosts: 121Gear list
Like?
Re: Would you be interested in an Astro-Photography forum on DPREVIEW?
In reply to DuncanDovovan, Oct 14, 2012

DuncanDovovan wrote:

Hello community,

I asked DPREVIEW, if they could host a astro-photography forum, analogue to the "Nature and Landscape", "Sports and Action", "3D" and "Macro and Still Life" forums that are already there.

"Astro-Photography and Sky-Photography" is missing in my view.

Astro-photography with DSLRs or even compact cameras have issues with solutions that are often of cross-brand interest. Now I see some pictures here in this forum and some in other forums on DPREVIEW, depending on the camera people use.

DPREVIEW responded that they might consider this if there is enough demand.

Therefore: If you are into Astro-Photography or believe it could be an interesting forum to look into, please give a thumbs up on this thread!

We will count the thumbs up only (=demand) so no need to do a thumbs down. =;-)

I will also post this request in some other forums on DPREVIEW for cameras that areknown to be frequently used with Astro-Photography.

-- hide signature --

I'm a peaceful person looking for clarity and harmony and willing to help. If you believe my post had the intention to harm you in some way, you are probably wrong. =;-) Please verify first before assuming something bad happened to you. I can be a bit too brief at times. =;-)

I'm not planning to do this type of photography, but who knows..

offshore13's gear list:offshore13's gear list
Canon PowerShot A460 Canon EOS 60D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow