since when did this stop being a real camera site?

Started Oct 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tko
tko
Forum ProPosts: 10,344
Like?
since when did this stop being a real camera site?
Oct 14, 2012

What is this site now? No camera reviews. No lens reviews. The last four articles are on iPads and WiFi. Hardly earth shattering photographic topics.

What about reviewing  photographic tools? A flash, a tripod, photo editing software. Something that a real photographer might use.

Noooo, we get to learn how to take our smartphone into the ocean. Oh yeah, I'm going to take my $500 iphone in the water instead of my far superior $200 camera. And I need an article telling me how to use a glorified zip lock--a tool that's been in existence for the last, what, 20 years?

Other places you get articles on how to build a birding blind, take star photos, do time lapse photography. Here we get an article on "cameras get smart to survive."

WifI. One of the most boring photographic features ever. How is that going to help my photography? Now not only can I take a bad photo, I can send it to everyone instantly. Was there any actual hands on testing? Data speed, time to transfer one 8MP image, range, practicality, real world uses, studio applications?

Is this some kind of an attempt to make photography relevant to the masses? Maybe this site be rename SPreview.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
OnlyNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow