Best software for Blu Ray slideshows?

Started Aug 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
naturefilmer
Junior MemberPosts: 31
Like?
Re: Best software for Blu Ray slideshows?
In reply to naturefilmer, Oct 14, 2012

naturefilmer wrote:

We all know how good well-taken photos look when directly viewed on TV, even big screen. I've been trying to find slideshow software that's good enough to preserve that high quality in a slideshow filled with all sorts of motion effects and transition effects. I haven't had any luck so far.

I tried CyberLink's Power Producer, but high quality photos turn out terrible.

I'm currently doing the free trial for ProShow Producer, and it is better than Cyberlink, but still the photos clearly have lost a lot of quality and there is lots of shimmering and graininess, unsmooth movement, etc. So I'm definitely not going to spend the $250 to buy it.

Anyone have any luck with any software for producing high quality slideshows for Blu Ray, which preserves the original high quality? Thanks in advance.

I went ahead and spent the $250 for the Photodex ProShow Producer software, have used it a lot, and have been very happy with it. The problem I describe above turns out to be with just a few photos when applying a movement effect to the photo – a Ken Burns effect. It’s like when watching TV and you see someone in a tightly checked shirt and you lots of noise presented because of the checks. But for most photos the Ken Burns movement causes no problem. For the problem ones, you can apply settings to each photo individually, and so all you have to do is turn off any effect for those photos, and the problem is gone.

The software preserves the original PQ very well. And you can mix videos in with the photos, and those come out well also. You can mix videos from any different cameras, and whether recorded in 60i or 24f … whatever, with minimal PQ reduction. Spend some time synchronizing the video with music and come up with some amazing stuff.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow