Started Oct 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
fwellers
Regular MemberPosts: 206
Like?
Re: >>>> Street Photography eXchange #22 <<<
In reply to fad, Oct 14, 2012

fad wrote:

Hi Floyd,

You've posted too many shots for detailed comments.

You have some good ideas in your photos.  You're not just taking snapshots.    Some of your colors are yummy.

A next step might be to try to integrate the techniques you are trying more into the final vision of your shots, asking "what am I trying to communicate here" or "what moves me about this scene."

Keep up the good work.

-- hide signature --

Frank
All photos shot in downtown Manhattan unless otherwise noted.
Thanks in advance for the kindness of your comments or critiques.

Fad, thank you a lot for the critique. Ya know I wasn't even thinking about that when I posted these. Next time I guess only post one or two that match a certain theme or idea I guess.

Yesterday I kinda felt it a little bit, I had a little quiet space around me that allowed me to see scenes that looked appealing, or ones that I knew would be soon. But I am just a beginner, and shooting with a manual focus lens so quickness is difficult.

But getting back to trying to understand your comment, are you saying that the whole post should be thematically tied together or maybe just to do that for each shot, because I thought I did that, even though there were some pleasant surprises ( like the guy who looks like he's worshipping and the Bless signage across from him. I didn't even see that. I was just using the guy in the foreground as a compositional element to balance the frame, and then when I looked in post, he had made that gesture !!

Next time I am able to get shots that I feel may quailify for street ( or at least something more than snapshots ), if I just post one or two in this thread ( the current one ), I would be able to get thoughtful critique ?

That is so cool. thank you !!!

-- hide signature --

Peace,
Floyd

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
RingNew
NedaNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow