Future of G1 X "line" in mirrorless "race"?

Started Oct 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
mcslsk
Senior MemberPosts: 1,020Gear list
Like?
Re: Future of G1 X "line" in mirrorless "race"?
In reply to Rod McD, Oct 14, 2012

Hopefully, Canon will continue the G1X line - if not, I have one and I am very happy with it. If Canon can improve AF and overall speed on a G2X, it would be a perfect camera. The lens/sensor combo is top of class. Interchangable lenses change the equation. A bajonett mount on the camera and the lens produce additional cost which needs to be reflected in the price. If price cannot go up (because of competition), qualtiy of the lens is likely to be reduced to save some cost. And I am not sure if a bajonett mount allows the lens to be as compact as it is on the G1X without reducing zoom range. When the M came out, I didn't see why someone would want such a small camera behind a large telezoom. Still don't see it. If the purpose of mirrorless is small, then why have interchangable lenses at all?

mcslsk's gear list:mcslsk's gear list
Canon PowerShot S110 G1 X II Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow