Who's using Sigma 17~70 2.8 EX DC OS HSM

Started Oct 14, 2012 | Questions thread
dockil
Forum MemberPosts: 76Gear list
Like?
Re: Who's using Sigma 17~70 2.8 EX DC OS HSM
In reply to Hermy, Oct 14, 2012

There is no such lens as  17~70 Sigma F2.8 to my knowledge. There is a variable aperture lens Sigma 17-70 2.8-4 OS HSM. I have owned it and used on D5100 for about a year. I was not very happy with it, my copy  had usable sharpness at  widest aperture only up to 35 mm above it had to be stopped down to get some decent results. There was lot of hit and miss in focus. Ultimately I sold it out and bought Sigma 17-50 2.8. The new lens had a very bad focusing issue, did not focus at all. I got it exchanged from retailer. The replacement is really good, Sharp at all focal lengths , slightly less at 50 mm. Focus is quick and accurate, No problem of soft images while shooting at wide open at all focal lengths.

My experience of buying 17-70, was no upgrade over kit lens except extra 15 mm that I did not need. However I have seen many happy users of this lens here and other forums as well.

dockil's gear list:dockil's gear list
Fujifilm XF1 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow