Started Oct 11, 2012 | Questions thread
danniross
Junior MemberPosts: 25Gear list
Like?
Re: Solar flare?
In reply to JulesJ, Oct 14, 2012

JulesJ wrote:

danniross wrote:

I can't figure out the best technique to get rid of the flare in this picture. I've been paid by a family member to do this, so it's time sensitive. I also a beginner with Photoshop so detailed help would be appreciated. Thank you!

I don't want to appear rude but why would you take on a paid job that you don't know how to do? Having said that. Start with Levels and curves. Then I would probably make an adustment layer using the Gradient tool and tweak the levels on the left. Then just go in and improve things manually so to speak. Also tweak the verticals so that the pllar on the left is straight, crop out or clone out te black at the top. etc etc.

Hope that gives you some ideas.
Jules

Might as well have said, "With all due respect". I know all the ways to do it, but every time I went through those options it was either, too dark, or I had to crop out some of the person. I will try the adjustment layer as that's the only thing I haven't done so far. And for the record, I don't want to appear rude but if you have an opinion to add, try putting it in at the end of your suggestion so people don't scoff you off completely. Thanks for your post.

danniross's gear list:danniross's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow