Sigma 30mm f2.8 @ the Toronto camera show.

Started Oct 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ron Evers
Senior MemberPosts: 1,040Gear list
Like?
Sigma 30mm f2.8 @ the Toronto camera show.
Oct 14, 2012

I attended the show Friday & the Sigma booth to check out their m4/3 two lenses, the 19mm & the 30mm which is what I was interested in purchasing. Tried the 30 on & it had a sticky focus ring, so for comparison, I tried the 19 & it was smooth. The salesman & I concluded the 30 was a bad copy. They were demonstrating only & you had to buy from the show sponsor Henry's. I proceeded to the Henry's booth & sampled a 30mm fresh from stock & it also had a sticky focus ring - so much for a bad copy methinks. I paid more for an Olympus 45/1.8 but would rather of had a 30mm although the Oly 45 gets great reviews.

I have my camera set up so the focus ring will magnify the subject after the auto-focus for fine tuning but the focus ring would stick a bit & jump the focus as I tried to rock back & forth.

Any owners of this lens have a similar experience?

-- hide signature --

The wood is clear between the knots.

Ron Evers's gear list:Ron Evers's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Olympus PEN E-PM1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +11 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow