X-Trans - Where Next?

Started Oct 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
Muus
Regular MemberPosts: 199
Like?
Re: X-Trans - Where Next?
In reply to MikeS2012, Oct 14, 2012

MikeS2012 wrote:

You caused me to remember a classic line in the excellent movie, Master and Commander, a British navy story set in 1805, and it's ironic message.

Holding a scantlings model of a modern, faster, stronger American built French frigate, Russell Crowe, as Capt. Jack Aubrey, says, "That's the future (of warship hull design). What a fascinating modern age we live in!"

Of course, wooden sailing ships and military ships parted company only 60 years later. In fact, 200 years on there are few true sailing ships today. Most are just sailboats....I guess I feel that is where developments like the X-Pro 1 and X-E1 place us today; fascination at change.

And, these changes will not take 60 years, as in the case of metal armored, steam warships! (Steam ships were already in commercial operations on the inland waters by 1807. The first metal armored, steam warships met in 1862, during the American Civil War.)

As to when is good enough is absolutely enough? I would admit you are correct. We are not there yet.

==m==

reminds me of one of my favourite samuel johnson quotes: 'we are living in a period of transition, as adam no doubt said to eve'.

-- hide signature --

www.hansmuus.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow