Canon 70-200 2.8 (non is) on modern crop..

Started Oct 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
JeroenW
Contributing MemberPosts: 671
Like?
Re: Canon 70-200 2.8 (non is) on modern crop..
In reply to rebel99, Oct 14, 2012

Thanks for your reaction. First of all I currently own the f4 non is and I don't really miss the stabilization on it. Sure it would be nice but in this range I don't really feel it's a necessity. This mostly because I tent to shoot using shutter-speeds above 1/200 to freeze the subject. This way I'm good In the 70-150 range and I'm sure to have some keepers @ 200.

I would love the newest addition (ISII) to the 70-200 line up for sure. Especially for it's stellar optical design! But it's just to expensive at this point. 24-70... totally different lens. Not considering it....

I am considering this lens because I'm feeling limited when using either one. With the 100l I feel limited because of the fixed focallenght. With the 70-200 I wish I was able to blow out the background a little more at the wider fl's. Getting the 70-200 2.8 will give me the best of both. But can this old lens still be compared to, for instance, the iq of the 100l.

Hope to get some info on that....

greetings Jeroen

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow