Started Oct 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
limitlessent
New MemberPosts: 15Gear list
Like?
New to this... workflow question... Lightroom, Photoshop, ACR
Oct 14, 2012

Ok... This may be a dumb question but I need some assistance getting an organized workflow going...

I shoot in RAW as a myself/girlfriend 2-person team... 1 Nikon D800 and 1 Nikon D4...

Here's my current what I believe is unorganized workflow...

1.) Currently we are dumping .NEF files off of memory cards onto shared storage on a LAN into a folder dated/named.

2.) Double click each file which opens up Photoshop CS6 and brings up the image in Camera Raw.

3.) Adjusting exposure, highlights, shadows etc... clicking ok and closing and moving on to the next

4.) Once #3 is done for all images, images needing skin smoothing, eye sharpening etc are opened one at the time in photoshop and saved out as a high res jpg into an 'edited' subfolder

This step and #4 are my points of confusion...

5.) Importing all images (including edited JPGs) into Lightroom 4.

6.) Export all images with watermark in low res to be able to upload to web into subfolder called watermarked

7.) export all images w/o watermark in high res to subfolder called highres

I have got to be over thinking this...  I know it might be a dumb question but I know there must be a better way.  Should I stick with just ONE of the programs?  Like maybe just Lightroom or what?

Maybe I'm wrong but this seems like an awful lot of steps to do what I'm doing... Can someone suggest a better, more organized way?  I'm new to this and no actual class time with any of it.. just learning as I go via YouTube etc...

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

limitlessent's gear list:limitlessent's gear list
Nikon D4
Nikon D4 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow