Nikon P7700 first images (from France)..

Started Oct 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
Hélios Méroé
Regular MemberPosts: 147
Like?
Re: Nikon P7700 first images (from France)..
In reply to Robert Garcia NYC, Oct 14, 2012

Hello again,

Again thanks very much for all your nice comments..

I'm still in the learning process of the P7700..especially the white balance & the contrast settings of the APN..after a little practice, it seems that the P7700 has some dark native contrast balance, i will try my next shooting with lower contrast setting JPEG mode and tell you my impressions..

Here's some more shots in 3:2 format (except the last one) the first pictures at 100 ISO, the lonely bird at 200 ISO taken at the end of the zoom (200 mm F5.0) & the Statue at 80 ISO (Jpeg from RAW) with a little crop..

Working in RAW format gives a step more in IQ with the P7700..the native noise is fairly discrete even in RAW..the problem as usual with compact sensors will be in the dark areas & shadows..but for me, there's a step more in IQ & dynamic with this 1/1.7" Cmos..

The P7700 keeps a good reactivity in RAW..a recent SD card (Lexar SDHC 600X for ex..) will help as well..i bought the nikon native leather fit case from japan who gives a very nice handling of the P7700 but the price is not cheep so (86 €)..there will surely be some fit case on ebay soon with decent price (for those of you who like this type of vintage protection..i do a lot personally..)

Nice shooting to you, regards,

Helios.

Lake View

Not alone

Rocks

Lonely bird

Statue

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow