Started Oct 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
napilopez
Regular MemberPosts: 322
Like?
Naturescapes and Twilight. Many Images!
Oct 14, 2012

So the past couple of weeks I've been able to get some photos in nicer light that I usually shoot in, maybe because this time I actually tried to go out and shoot in nice light, haha. Thought I might share. Hope you enjoy; C&C welcome!

The first three images were at the Yonkers Riverfront, Yonkers being my hometown city located about 20 minutes from Manhattan. The rest were at Riverside Park in Manhattan. All were shot with my G3 using the 45mm f1.8 except the black and white trees shot. Processed through LR4.1 As usual.

This day ended up having some of the nicest light I've ever seen in NYC. I had to *reduce* the saturation on this one. Wish I had more dynamic range for it too!

Me and a tree

It also ended up having one of the nicest skies I've ever seen in New York. Unfortunately when it started to look like this, I was in my car. This was the best I could muster at a red light, cropping out the nearby buildings and cloning out a street lamp. It's also my best attempt at recreating the actual colors, since the camera utterly failed to do so by default. It looked ablaze.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow