Started Oct 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Erick L
Contributing MemberPosts: 520
Like?
E-M5 goes biking and backpacking
Oct 14, 2012

A few shots of a 4-week cycling and hiking tour from Calgary to Vancouver. The whole set can be found here. I've been looking at m43 since the beginning and finally jumped ship (From Nikon) just before this trip. I like the size and weight, but the E-M5 has a long list of small annoyances. I used 9-18 and 14-150 lenses which I found ok but not great. Uncorrected CA gets annoying fast. Oh and I can fit the E-M5 and 14-150 in my jacket pockets so for those who need pocketability, get bigger pockets!

Peyto Lake

Biking away from the Icefield center.

Mount Robson

Hot chocolate at the base of mount Robson.

Robson glacier from Snowbird pass trail

I ended prefering the tilting screen over flip-out simply because I use it much more. The touch-shutter was handy with wildlife.

Hoary Marmot on Snowbird pass trail

The only real downside of the EVF/screen for me is composing and focusing in complete darkness. Precise composition was simply impossible. It took about 10 shots of aim-shoot-review to get this one the way I wanted. Another annoyance is the EVF eye-sensor being too sensible, making the screen go black anytime a finger or hat visor came too close.

Mount Robson at night.

Hope you enjoy!

-- hide signature --

Erick - www.borealphoto.com

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow