Birding with Canon Superzooms - New & Old

Started Oct 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
nobbyball
Regular MemberPosts: 183Gear list
Like?
Re: Birding with Canon Superzooms - New & Old
In reply to kenn threed, Oct 14, 2012

Kenn

Your shots are superb. I am a birder first, photographer second so I really appreciate people like you and Joms who share their bird shots. It also means I see a lot of bird shots on a wide range of websites. Although I am a HS30 user I must say that the SX40 produces the most consistent and best shots.  One thing that has come out though is a bit of disappointment over macro on the Canon. Here I do find the HS30 has been really good.  I've not seen much comment on the SX50, maybe because Canon users are so pleased with the SX40 - don't blame them.  Personally I wonder if Canon has gone too far on the zoom? I see very few birders using the Nikon P510 with great success.  Also I'm not seeing much from the Panasonic FZ200 that warrants moving on up from the FZ150.

One thing that is for sure, the current range of super zooms is immensely popular with birders and there are many great images out there.

Thanks again for sharing, even if you got a bit lost

Ian

nobbyball's gear list:nobbyball's gear list
Fujifilm X-S1 Canon PowerShot SX50 HS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow