Started Oct 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
Winder
Senior MemberPosts: 1,294Gear list
Like?
Re: More X Pro Horror
In reply to RogerMuss, Oct 14, 2012

RogerMuss wrote:

Winder (and others) wrote:

Technically the images are fine, but it is a pretty long parade of uninspiring images.

This is a fantastic gallery of images and ideas some of which I can adapt for my own circumstances, plus the bonus that there's a detailed description of the lens and lighting for each.

Some of you just like to look at pictures, others like to engage thought processes and understand how they are created.

It's a long stream of cookie cutter cliche poses.  I wouldn't put them in a portfolio.    As a friend of mine says, "If your images suck, resort to HDR or a naked women, and if they really suck you may need to use both".

I hope your joking about the ideas.  There is nothing there that has not been shot a million times.

I do like images that engage the though process, those however, don't do it.  Technically they are fine, but at this level everyone is "technically fine".  Being technically fine is the minimum.

-- hide signature --

Contax 645, Canon 5D (sold), Olympus E-3 (sold), Playing with a K-7 and K-5

Winder's gear list:Winder's gear list
Pentax K-3 Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Pentax smc FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited Sigma 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow