My SLR Magic HyperPrime LM 50mm T0.95 Review!

Started Oct 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
BSweeney
Contributing MemberPosts: 903Gear list
Like?
Re: My SLR Magic HyperPrime LM 50mm T0.95 Review!
In reply to Daniel74, Oct 14, 2012

Several users of the RF lens have written about their first hand experience with this lens. Based on their experience, I would not consider buying one. The product has critical problems that need to be worked out. One problem cited for problems with the RF version is the size and weight of the lens causes the RF coupling to misalign. A 0.01mm shift is enough to cause problems. Perhaps the earlier 9-element version of the lens should be revisited. This version was shorter and lighter than that introduced. The cine version could remain the current configuration, a follow-on RF version could be made shorter and lighter by using the earlier optical formula. In any event: the current offering has some design issues and quality control issues. No audacity- many manufacturers made lenses for Leica cameras. The 50mm F1.5 Nokton from Cosina is probably the reason why Leica recomputed the Summilux. My example of the Nokton 50/1.5 is as sharp of a lens as you would ever need for the M Monochrom. It was also less than 10% the cost of the SLRMagic lens.

BSweeney's gear list:BSweeney's gear list
Leica M8 Nikon D1 Nikon D1X Leica M9 Olympus PEN E-P2 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow