Started Oct 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
christopherbarran
Contributing MemberPosts: 882Gear list
Like?
Well it finally happened to me!!!!
Oct 14, 2012

I have been on these forums since before I got my K20D in August 2009 and then the 50-135mm f2.8 in October 2009 (via Amazon)

Have read about the SDM failures and considered myself lucky because it didn't happen to me... until now that it.

Tried the lens today and well no AF.

I had it off the K-5 for a while now and maybe that might have contributed, I don't know. I do remember people saying that it seems to fail if you don't use it for a while which in my case would have been a couple of weeks.

I did try cleaning the contacts. I have tried it on my K20D and my K-5. Nothing.

So now I have to go through the trouble of getting it shipped to a friend in the US (I am from Trinidad in the Caribbean) and having my friend send it to Pentax. Lucky for me, my friend bought a K-30 last week so would be able to test it if/when it comes back from Pentax.

I am sad and disappointed because I really do love the lens. I love the way it renders plain and simple.

My only hope is that if Pentax fixes it they fix it really well so I don't have his problem again.

-- hide signature --
 christopherbarran's gear list:christopherbarran's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S100fs Pentax K20D Pentax K-5 Pentax K-3 Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 +5 more
Pentax K20D Pentax K-30 Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow