My SLR Magic HyperPrime LM 50mm T0.95 Review!

Started Oct 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
Daniel74
Contributing MemberPosts: 726Gear list
Like?
Re: My SLR Magic HyperPrime LM 50mm T0.95 Review!
In reply to Banana Chips™, Oct 14, 2012

Have you seen issues with the Cine version? I haven't had trouble with mine, though no, it doesn't feel like the Leica lenses I know. No do I know of any reports of quality issues from other Cine users.

Yes, I agree, the problems with the RF version are troubling, to put it mildly.

But I am very impressed with my Cine version. Optically it is superb and for less than a third of the price of a Nocti, to get comparable quality, some sacrifices can be reasonably made.

And how important is RF coupling going to be on the new M, with live view, focus peaking, etc?

And while it's fair enough if people who've had trouble with their RF versions complain, I think SLR Magic should also be applauded for putting out a lens that rivals the most prestigious lens of the most prestigious lens manufacturer in the world.

Perhaps it is partly that they had the audacity to do that, that has so many people who have never laid their hands on these lenses, so worked up over this?

Daniel74's gear list:Daniel74's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Carl Zeiss Makro-Planar T* 2/100 Schneider PC-Super-Angulon 28mm f/2.8 Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 2/25 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow