Started Oct 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
limitlessent
New MemberPosts: 15Gear list
Like?
D800 & D4 need suggestions.
Oct 13, 2012

Ok... Going to make this as brief as possible. My girlfriend and I started doing photography as a business a few months back. We both started with d800 and love it. Only thing we don't like is it does require good technique and pretty good lighting or we get slightly blurry or out of focus images.  Im not talking all images here just occasionally.. Higher shutter speeds seem to take care of the issues but that requires even more light.

A lot of the images we take are outside and those are fine. Inside images are ok most of the time if we can manage to shoot near windows. But there's quite often a time where that's not possible and a speed light alone isn't quite sufficient. 
So... We bought a d4 and it does very well in low light but I guess the d800 has us totally spoiled and I'm just not impressed with the d4 images compared the d800 images. Am I just stuck on the d800 detail and being ridiculous or is there a better low light camera than the d4 to give me that detail I've gotten spoiled by?  
No... I don't print big. Typically nothing over 8x10 except rare occasions.  But it just seems like there's way more eye details and eyes are just more vivid on the d800. I really wanted to be super impressed by the d4 I'm just not so much. 
We do portraits and newborn photography mainly but are wanting to do events which is the other driving factor for a d4 purchase. 
I guess what I'm wanting to know is should I return the d4 and get something else or return it and hold out for the next d4 hoping it'll have the low light capability with more detail or what?
I'm kinda stuck and not sure what to do and greatly appreciate any advice given. Thanks in advance. 
 limitlessent's gear list:limitlessent's gear list
Nikon D4
Nikon D4 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow