Started Oct 13, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
shallingsam
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
Should I buy the NEX-5N or 5R?
Oct 13, 2012

I have been looking at the specs for both and I'm trying to weigh the pros and cons of getting the 5R. I've always wanted to upgrade from a point and shoot, but wanted a more compact camera since I may be hiking around and don't want to lug something big around.

I've noticed a lot of sales going on for the 5N with the 18-55mm and 55-210mm lens since the 5R is coming out soon. I'm just wondering if the changes in the 5R are worth the extra $270 with the sales going on?

The differences in the 5R seem to be: the screen tilt degrees, 99 array phase detection, wifi plus apps, fn button, control dial, and less battery life.

Just wondering what your thoughts are on these two. Will the fn and control dials offer more ease of use? I know I've missed some good shots of moving targets when I had to change to the right shooting mode.

ANSWER:
Sony Alpha NEX-5N
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow