Started Sep 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
Jim
Jim
Senior MemberPosts: 1,743Gear list
Like?
Re: G15 vs. G1 X
In reply to taramisty, Oct 13, 2012

taramisty wrote:

I'm not 100% clear I understand the advantage of the G1X over a DSLR. The G15 advantage is clear - size. I fit mine in a shirt pocket this morning. It's not the smallest or lightest but the pics are amazing and IT HAS A VIEWFINDER. Not as accurate as the LCD for sure, but brighter than an EVF

It's the same advantage...the G1X is significantly smaller than a DSLR. In addition, it has a much larger sensor than the G15 with all the benefits that this provides. It sounds like the question you might be wrestling with is one of image quality vs size and that fitting the camera into a shirt pocket is important. If this is true, than a G15 (or XZ-1, LX7, etc.) would be a better fit for you. If, on the other hand, image quality PLUS compactness are important, then I'd recommend you seriously consider the G1X. There really is nothing else quite like it. Either way, you'll wind up with a nice camera so not to worry.

Jim

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow