New to DSLR, thinking about getting nikon 3200

Started Oct 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
baloo_buc
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,653Gear list
Like?
Re: New to DSLR, thinking about getting nikon 3200
In reply to Folex, Oct 13, 2012

Folex wrote:

I went to bestbuy since it was the only place where I could physically touch both within a 40mile radius. I put in a memory card and took pictures with both. Just looking at the screen the picture quality looks very close. I was only able to test the 5100 in somewhat low light and it was very good. I went with the 5100 because you can flip the screen to view what you're looking at along with flipping it backwards to protect it when you're not using it. I also liked having a flick switch on top to switch between taking the picture on the viewfinder and taking it on the screen.   The only issue I have now is PsCS3 doesn't suppost 5100's RAW which is kind of a bummer. I am going to try and find a way around it.

Use the latest Adobe DNG converter (free) then use your software. The only drawbacks are the added step of batch converting and the lack of several improvements of ACR. For the first there is nothing to do but to minimize that update ACR to the highest version you can use with your software.

baloo_buc's gear list:baloo_buc's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Nikon D90 Nikon D5100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Tokina AT-X Pro 12-24mm f/4 DX II +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
LOLNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow