Sigma Software

Started Oct 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
villebon
Senior MemberPosts: 2,161
Like?
Re: Wrong
In reply to rattymouse, Oct 13, 2012

rattymouse wrote:

I am very interested in the DP2m and am reading a lot about it.   EVERY last review mentions how utterly horrible the software is for this camera.  Every. Single. Review.  I've never seen any piece of software ripped so mercilessly.  It makes Windows ME look like the paragon of stability.  

I've been using SPP for about a week, having downloaded several X3F raw file for printing at 30"x45" to get a sense of the camera and its possibilities as to large prints.

For the first time today, SPP crashed on me. No big deal, it reloaded the next second. I'll concead that it's limited and slow.

So what I do is load a raw file into SPP, adjust WB and possibly white and black points, save the file as tiff to disk and continue PP with LR4. Have a look at Michael Reichmann's workflow in his review of the DP1M/DP2M cameras.

DP2M review at Luminous-Landscape

DP1M review at Luminous-Landscape

I suggest that instead of going full blast on SPP, download it yourself with some RAw files and see if it works for you. If not, they are lots of other cameras that may suit you.

Sigma Photo Pro 5 download

DP2M X3F RAW files

Good luck.

-- hide signature --

Villebon

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow