Started Oct 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
memo90061
Contributing MemberPosts: 580Gear list
Like?
Still debating whether to buy the OM-D E-M5
Oct 13, 2012

This camera really seems great. I have a Canon T2i with a Sigma 10-20 and Sigma 30mm f/1.4. I really like the set up, but it feels a little heavy. Sometimes I get tired of holding it the entire day when I'm out. I like carrying the camera everywhere, which is why I've been thinking of going smaller. I thought about the Fuji X100, but I didn't like the video I saw from it. I really did love the high ISO capability though. The RX1 seems to be great, but it's too expensive for me.

I had an Olympus E-520 before, and loved loved loved it! I only moved to Canon because I wanted HD video, and at the time it was the best and affordable. I really like that the E-M5 is weather sealed and small. When I travelled to Mexico I didn't take as many pictures with the Canon because of the rain. The reason why I'm still debating is because I don't want to spend any extra money right now. I would probably only get the OM-D if I were to sell my gear, and get the exact amount of money for the O-MD. I would miss having a low light lens though until I save enough money. :/

Has anyone moved from a DSLR to the Olympus?

memo90061's gear list:memo90061's gear list
Olympus E-M1
Canon EOS 550D (EOS Rebel T2i / EOS Kiss X4) Fujifilm FinePix X100 Olympus E-520 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Sony RX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow