Pentax K5 11 or Pentax K5 11s

Started Sep 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
Steve1307
Regular MemberPosts: 301Gear list
Like?
Re: Pentax K5 11 or Pentax K5 11s
In reply to youwantavideo, Oct 13, 2012

youwantavideo wrote:

Okay I believe strongly in where Pentax K5 is headed. The coming K5 11s is definitely a great step forward but I have succumbed to the siren call of Fuji PRO 1. They have proven the filter removal can work and what is a photo if it cannot replicate the best possible resolution? Because of resolution and now the proven value without the filter as demonstrated with the Fuji PRO 1. I have bought in. Expensive indeed but wow. Not to say for the rugged, outdoor demanding environment stuff I would choose methinks the Pentax K5 11s and probably will.

We'll the Fuji has the "non-Bayer-array" sensor (cant remember what they call it) which apparently doesnt have the same issues with moire that the more traditional array layout in the K-5 IIs (potentially we hope it won't have but expect to in the wrong situation).

If the focussing with the new AF unit is reasonably better than the K-5  then I'll be looking at a K-5 II.

I'd consider the IIs  but I'd want to see a few more samples and some real world user reviews first. Those sample lanscape shots on the the other forum looked pretty impressive though.

Steve1307's gear list:Steve1307's gear list
Pentax K-7 Pentax Q Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow