Started Oct 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
EvilHomerClone
Regular MemberPosts: 135Gear list
Like?
PLS vs Display Colors ? ? ?
Oct 13, 2012

I'm rebuilding my photo & video editing rig and with this i will be getting 2 monitors.  My plans are to get a 24" as my main monitor and then get something with a bit more resolution for my photo edits. (27").

I'm set on my 24" models, pending when i go to make the purchase, the cheaper one will win..  I'm stuck on the 27" model.  Looking to drop around $750 on it and i was pretty much dead set on getting the HP ZR2740w.  It fits pretty much all of the things i wanted out of a new monitor

1. LED - provides better power saving, after working on my 24" LCD i can feel the heat coming off of it.
  2. Higher than 1920 x 1200 resolution
  3. Higher than 24"
  4. DisplayPort
  5. Higher than the standard 16million color display
 that are getting really great reviews when it comes to how they look however when poking through the detailed specs, i couldn't help but noticed its only at 16million colors displayed.  PLS panelsBUT I saw that Samsung has released these 
Does having the extra display colors help when fine tuning your photos?  I'm an amateur photographer who perhaps one day will get paid for it.  but in the mean time i'm doing this for me and family/friends.  So i do not anticipate printing anything out (when i get to that point, i'm getting an Epson).   My photos will be displayed on some LED tv's i use as monitors in my home and of course sharing with the interweb.
I figured i should mention that because most of the displaying of my pictures will not be on a 1.06 billion color display.  But then again, who has a monitor or tv with 6000 x 4000 resolution?  I'm assuming the 1.06 billion color feature will come more into play when printing.
Thanks in advance!
~evil
 EvilHomerClone's gear list:EvilHomerClone's gear list
Sony RX100 II Sony SLT-A77 Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX Sigma 10mm F2.8 EX DC HSM Diagonal Fisheye Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM +3 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow