What reactions do you get when carrying a Pentax camera.

Started Oct 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
Steve1307
Regular MemberPosts: 303Gear list
Like?
Re: What reactions do you get when carrying a Pentax camera.
In reply to Petroglyph, Oct 13, 2012

I was at an event yesterday (new factory opening) in the Philippines.  Had my K7+F43 (DA21 in the pocket).

Quite a few film & press journalist attended.  Unfortunately President Aquino couldn't make it & delivered a speech via video.  Never mind.  Anyway, even in the Philippines  I didnt see one other Pentax, very disapointing.

Nobody noticed the K7, not even the guy from the nearby HOYA factory who was a guest.

Not to worry I got some nice shots of the event for my company, as we've spent the last 18months helping to build the factory.

I'm the only Pentax shooter in my local club of 100+ people where it seems half of them have 450D's, 60D's with Tamron 18-270  and the rest upgraded to the "affordable" 24-105L.  Shouldn't make fun of them there's a handful of Nikons and a couple of Sonys even an Oly E5 too.

Most of the guys are cool and I found a lot of the "more mature" members fondly remember owning a Pentax film SLR at some stage.

Strangest looks I've had is when I've been at the motor racing.

Standing at the fence with bunch of guys mostly hauling 70-200's and backpacks full of gear.

I was using a DA70.

Merc SLS AMG  GT-3spec   6.3litre V8  (sounded nice)

Steve1307's gear list:Steve1307's gear list
Pentax K-7 Pentax Q Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow