3880 chip resetter that works

Started Sep 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
Vernon D Rainwater
Forum ProPosts: 12,000
Like?
Re: Joe, A Very Nice Modification
In reply to jtoolman, Oct 13, 2012

jtoolman wrote:

I used a 5/32" dia drill. The plug I used is the same type used to plug the Priming Port on the Cart itself. I have enough of them to do a whole set. You can also use the regular Tabbed ones such as used by many refillable carts as well as these very carts. Look at the side fill hole and you can see the tabbed plug I am referring to.
The 5/32" hole provides a very snug fit of the plug.

As I said, I was able to pressurize the cart under water to more than I think the printer does, and left it under water for over 1 hour, without a single bubble leaking out.

You could semi permanently install the normal fill plug by using a bit of silicone sealant on the side fill plug so it seals the hole perfectly until you wish to pull it out by force. You top plug even it it was to fail, unly AIR would leak out as the hole is above the ink surface.

If the current ink hole plug was to fail, you would have a huge mess in you hands as the fill hole sits well bellow the ink level.

When the ink compartment door is closed there is only a few fractions on an inch of clearance between the front edges of the carts and the inner front wall of the compartment door. So that's about the only place where the new hole can be drilled.

I thought about installing an elbow fitting with tubing glued to the vertical front edge so It could be filled and plugged from the top. Again the lack of clearance made forget that brainstorm. You also cannot drill straight down as the top flat surface is completely out of sight and under the ink compartment. That leaves the flat corner I ended up using.

Hello Joe,

I have copied the link plus a portion of your post regarding the Tabbed Plugs.

Can you reference the company or a link where these may be purchased.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/post/42627517

I used a 5/32" dia drill. The plug I used is the same type used to plug the Priming Port on the Cart itself. I have enough of them to do a whole set. You can also use the regular Tabbed ones such as used by many refillable carts as well as these very carts. Look at the side fill hole and you can see the tabbed plug I am referring to.
The 5/32" hole provides a very snug fit of the plug.

-- hide signature --

Vernon...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow