Nikon employee knowledge and information for upcoming product release?

Started Oct 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
str8pipe
Regular MemberPosts: 287Gear list
Like?
Nikon employee knowledge and information for upcoming product release?
Oct 13, 2012

Do they know well in advance or they get the news same time as everyone else when the product is released?

I was at the EXPOSURE Show yesterday in Toronto and payed a visit to the Nikon booth to re-test the D600 and D800 with the 70-200 because of poor performance with my own lens previously at one of the Henry's store with these cameras.

A Nikon Canada employee asked me what I was shooting and if the D600 was in my future. I bluntly replied a big "NO" that I was waiting for a D400. This is why the reason of this post because his face turned completely red, had nothing left to say and seemed worried that wrong words would come out and also woudn't make eye contact anymore. I thanked him for the info and left.

I know this probably means nothing at all but the body language was there. Even though I was wrong before and more than once, I'm still hoping I'm right this time

str8pipe's gear list:str8pipe's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD1100 IS Canon PowerShot SD1300 IS Nikon D70 Nikon D7000 Nikon 1 V1 +25 more
Nikon D40 Nikon D600 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow