Hands-On Sony NEX-6 & 16-50mm OSS images & other E-Mount Lens

Started Oct 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
jpr2
Forum ProPosts: 14,003Gear list
Like?
re: from N7 shooter's perspective - no, not tempted yet...
In reply to npires, Oct 13, 2012

npires wrote:

Any of you who used to own a NEX-5 and have a 5N and are thinking about the NEX-6 ... or those who went to a NEX-7 can you share your opinions please.
I'm thinking of upgrading to the NEX-6 but ideally I want something that has a noticeably good image quality difference. Reason being where I pixel peep is when I shoot imagery of the moon. To get super sharp results I take videos and stack them. Will the NEX-6 crop video? Also are the stills at 16MegaPixels be that much greater than my NEX-5's 14.1? Also noticing the NEX-7 can be had with the kit lens for only £30 more than the NEX-6 with powerzoom.

...perhaps ​should there be a very good evidence that the new HDAF actually works well for fast action shooting & tracking​ then I'd consider N6 as a second body, but not otherwise - and by "works well" I mean a real (that is challenging) situations of subjects moving​not in a plane parallel to a sensor​ = that is either  advancing or receding towards/from a lens, or at least moving diagonally, as movements parallel to a sensor's plane are not in fact different from shooting static scenes, the only diff. is the need to use high enough SS to freeze motion

jpr2

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow