ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
nawknai
Contributing MemberPosts: 949Gear list
Like?
Why use a leather "half case"???
Oct 13, 2012

Hi,

I just want to know why people have them?   I have the full leather case for my X100, but for the X-Pro 1,  I was thinking about going with the half-case if there was a compelling reason why it's better than the full case, which completely covers both body and lens.

I know that the half-case is really popular with the Leica crowd, but is its popularity with Fuji cameras just a carry-over from "tradition"?

Some of the half-cases look really good, and some look to protect the rear of the camera better than the full case, with the top lid (i.e. the part that protects the lens as well) removed.   Heck, some even come with a cutout at the bottom to allow for easy access to the memory card and battery!   None of the full-cases do, as far as I can see, except the Kenji case.  Problem is that their full case is far too expensive for me (I forget, but it's something like $300)!!!

What are you guys using?  Do you just stuff the camera into a camera bag and leave it at that, or do you use a half case, or full case?

nawknai's gear list:nawknai's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-Pro1 +1 more
ANSWER:
Fujifilm FinePix X100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow