The perfect Auto ISO. So close, but yet so far

Started Oct 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
fare
Forum MemberPosts: 90Gear list
Like?
You can assign ISO to the function button Re: No solution
In reply to Mako2011, Oct 13, 2012

Hey Arel,

I have the d5100.  What a great, versatile camera.  OK.  Cameras that cost hundreds ( or a thousand more) have a few more buttons with unique assignments like ISO.

But, the d5100 allows you to change the assignmnet of the fn button.  Go to custome settings and then navigate to the f1 assignment tab.  Here, you can assign almost any function to the fn button.  It is quick and easy to do before you gol on a shoot.  So, if being able to change ISO quickly with the wheel on the fly while in A or M or S mode is going to be a priority, set it to ISO.

Now, with the fn button assigned to ISO, you do not have to dive into any menus (as you mentioned in the first post).  Simply press the fn button and rotate the wheel quickly, easily, and on the fly.  You can see the change in the viewfinder without even moving your eye off the subject.

Hope that helps.  Many, I love the versatility of the d5100.  For a great price, it offers alot.  Yeah, the next camera I buy will have a few more buttons and features, but this gets the job done for now.

Let me know if that works for you or have I totally misunderstood the prob.?

fare's gear list:fare's gear list
Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow